Green Streets have many of the same benefts of green roofs, but also have the advantage of being at ground level, so can havemore impact on the daily lives of people using them.
Main benefits are:
- Control of stormwater and reduced flood risk
- Reduction and/or control of water and air pollution at street level
- Reduction in the urban heat island effect, and specifically theprovision of shade for cooling
- Aesthetic and amenity value
- Health and wellbeing improvements
- Habitat provision for wildlife